Individual tuition is offered to adults, post-school learners, CIT and university students to assist with all aspects of literacy. There is often nervousness or anxiety in adults who have a long history of difficulty in reading, spelling, grammar, punctuation and writing, but our supportive teaching combined with meaningful work addresses both skills and anxiety. This work can be for pleasure or can be targeted to the student’s particular needs in life, at work or in study. Most adult students are articulate and self-aware people who are capable of learning and improving their skills, at whatever age.
Our work with post-school learners or adults has included:
- CIT students – assistance with understanding and completing coursework and written assignments in Year 11 and 12 studies and post-school courses
- university students – assistance with deep comprehension in reading and applying understandings of structure and language expression in writing
- tradies – help with reading, spelling and writing quotes, job logs, emails, manuals and reports
- public servants – work on spelling, punctuation, structure and styles of writing for different genres
- literacy for life – assistance to enable reading the newspaper, filling in forms, reading documents/recipes, deciphering instructions and directions, reading to the kids, writing shopping lists and love letters